Encouraging Quotes ❤ Words of Encouragement To Lift Your Spirits Others with Words are powerful tools. When a friend is discouraged or having a difficult time, the right words can clear their outlook and lift their spirits. Other times, there may be a person who does great work and deserves an encouraging note, and the right words from you will make all the difference.
Friends, teachers, and co-workers are just a few of the people in your life who might appreciate some encouragement. An example of a message for a teacher is, "I really appreciate the extra time you take to make sure that your students learn. I can tell you have a natural gift of teaching, and you work hard to put it to good use."
It may be difficult to know what to say to someone to inspire hope, especially if you have not been blessed with the natural gift of being able to encourage others. The following quotes, messages, inspirational sayings, and religious words can be used or adapted for a variety of situations.
Quotes to Lift Spirits
The following is a hand-selected collection of Encouraging Quotes to be used to lift the spirits of a friend. Credit is given on all quotes that I know the source of.
- "Mistakes are proof that you are trying."
- "Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny." —C.S. Lewis
- "Your value doesn't decrease based on someone's inability to see your worth."
- "Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday." —Dale Carnegie
- "Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway." —Emory Austin
- "When you let your light shine, you unconsciously give others permission to do the same.
- "Be strong, you never know who you are inspiring."
- "It might be stormy now, but it can't rain forever."
- "Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love." —Mother Teresa
- "You haven't failed until you quit trying."
- "Your day will go the way the corners of your mouth turn."
- "Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."
- Hope is the little voice you hear whisper "maybe" when it seems the entire world is shouting "no!"
- "Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm."
- "Whenever life sucks, remember you're going to die someday."
- "What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise." —Oscar Wilde
- "Don't let your struggle become your identity."
- "Take pride in how far you have come and have faith in how far you can go." —Christian Larson
- "Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So, for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason."
Religious and Christian Words of Encouragement
- "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." —Jeremiah 29:11
- "I believe in the sun even if it isn't shining. I believe in love even when I'm alone. I believe in God even when He is silent."
- "I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, do not fear, I will help you." —Isaiah 41:13
- "In this world you will have trouble, but take heart. I have overcome the world." —John 16:33
- "When God gives you a 'no,' give him a 'thank you.' He was protecting you from less than his best."
- "For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." —Timothy 1:7
- "We know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." —Romans 8:28
- "Let your hope make you glad. Be patient in time of trouble & never stop praying." —Romans 12;12
- "God is using your present circumstances to make you more useful for later roles in his unfolding story." —Louie Gliglio
- "The same power that raised Christ from the dead is inside of you." —Romans 8:11
- "Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you will discover that He is the rock at the bottom."
- "If you lean on the strength of God, then it is not possible to fall."
- "You are a life saving light in the darkness of a cave full of people who need you."
- "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." —Philippians 4:13
- "I am praying that God grant you the wisdom to know what is right and the strength to do it."
Encouraging Quotes Images